Mine Site Technologies’ Mobile Mesh Networks offer a simple and robust solution for digital communications coverage in open pit operations. These standards-based wireless networks are highly mobile, self-configuring, and self-healing. Wireless mesh networks are multi-hop systems in which wireless devices assist each other in transmitting packets through the network, especially in adverse conditions such as open-pit mines. A node can send and receive messages, and in a mesh network, a node also functions as a router and can relay messages for its neighbours. Through the relaying process, a packet of wireless data will find its way to its destination, passing through intermediate nodes with reliable communication links with minimal loss of throughput with multiple hops as there might be with other wireless mesh systems. Each node can self-heal and auto-adjust to changing network conditions.
Additionally, the Wireless Mobile Mesh network is a scalable solution and can handle hundreds or thousands of nodes, because the network’s operation doesn’t depend on a central control point. The wireless nodes also operate elegantly with a single switch (whereas other mesh solutions require network configuration expertise) so adding multiple data collection points or gateways is as simple as installing it and switching it on.
Some of the features of the Wireless Mobile Mesh Include:
- Dynamic, real time routing (vehicle – vehicle – Access Point)
- Open systems; safe, less expensive, more flexibility and choice for future expansion
- Services i.e. as an SI or technology partner, track record
- Outsource preventative maintenance; allows mine to get on w/ the ore removal business
The Wireless Mobile Mesh is a reliable, highly robust, redundant, Wi-Fi communication system for:
- Tracking; Vehicles and Personnel
- Collision Avoidance
- VIP Vehicle Management/Health Data Logger
- Communication Services
- Voice; VoIP. QoS sensitive
- Video Monitoring. QoS sensitive
- Data Collection and Transfer
- Vehicle Dispatch (Tracking, central office, network and backbone)
- Health Monitoring (VIP, network only required for occasional access)
- PDAs, laptops for surveyors, etc.