ImPact: One Network for Today’s Digital Mine
Mine Site Technologies’ ImPact technology suite is designed to meet the communication infrastructure and application requirements of mines in the 21st century. The ImPact Digital System complements our other communication technologies, ensuring the mine’s overall communication system not only meets the safety requirements, but enables optimum productivity from all their mining assets. The ImPact 802.11 Wireless LAN protocol / Wi-Fi compliant digital system offers a quantum leap in bandwidth, and hence data quality and capacity.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Internet Access
- Email Access
- Voice Communications
- Text Communications
- Emergency Communications
- Personnel and Asset Tracking
- Proximity Detection
- Vehicle Monitoring and Reporting
- Data Collection
- IP Video
- Ventilation Monitoring
- Ventilation Control
- Remote Centralised Blasting
- Fleet Management
One Network Component Technologies:
- ImPact (Headend) - Underground Digital Communications and Tracking System (IEEE 802.11b/g, 802.11i, 802.11e)
- Tagging Systems – Personnel and vehicle tracking.
- VIP – Vehicle Intelligence Platform: real-time vehicle diagnostics and payload data system.
- VDV – Leaky Feeder Radio System
- Wireless Mesh - High bandwidth mobile networks; underground and surface.
- ICCL – Integrated Communications Cap Lamp
- MinePhone - Mine purposed VoIP wireless communications from any area at a mine covered by wireless network (including underground to surface)
- PED- Personal Emergency Device: TTE (Through-The-Earth) emergency and general communications system
- BlastPED - Remote blast initiation system using the PED transmission system
- Integrated System Solutions